Episode 5: Learning Through the Crisis
April 27: Crestview Strategy Founding Partner Chad Rogers sat down with Christine McMillan, Partner, to discuss lessons that she and the team have learned through the COVID-19 crisis.
Christine talks about her experience working in Ottawa during the COVID-19 crisis and how she has been helping clients and partners interact with government.
Bio for Christine McMillan: https://www.crestviewstrategy.ca/christine-mcmillan
LinkedIn for Christine McMillan: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christine-mcmillan-41a5881a6/
- Engage with people. Reach out. At Crestview Strategy we have a daily touchpoint with our team and all our colleagues, it gives everyone an opportunity to connect with the whole team to keep those connections alive.
- Be creative with asks to government and key decision makers, offer several options for solutions to government, be flexible and nimble
- Schedule your day both personally and professionally. Make time to go outside for a walk and don’t fall into the trap of working in your home office all night.
1 big shout out!
- The Spirits Industry and their immediate response to retooling their operations in order to support the demand for hand sanitizer. During a time of crisis with great uncertainty, the industry turned off their business in order to do something that is beneficial to all Canadians.
- Political Staff. It’s particularly challenging to be a staffer at the best of times, Christine has been impressed with how willing and nimble political staff have been to find solutions while outside of their comfort zone.